ERROR: the timeout period elapsed (10 sec) prior to completion

Reports bugs here
fdiasmil
Brazil

ERROR: the timeout period elapsed (10 sec) prior to completion

Post by fdiasmil »

I've been experienced this issue after I changed my smartphone. I had a Moto z2 plus and now I have a Galaxy s10 plus.
I open the app and everything is just fine, I open a market and I can do whatever I want, however if I turn off the screen or switch to another app, when I go back to Betondroid I got this message. Then I have to close the app and wait around 5 to 10 minutes for the app to work again.
Is there anything I can do to solve this issue??? Its impossible to work like this. I'm speaking from Brazil and my interface is in portuguese.
Thanks.
Attachments
Screenshot_20201025-173115_BetOnDroid.jpg
Screenshot_20201025-173115_BetOnDroid.jpg (197.96 KiB) Viewed 10675 times
SupportTeam
Support team member
Ukraine

Re: ERROR: the timeout period elapsed (10 sec) prior to completion

Post by SupportTeam »

Thank you for detailed defect description. In order to start investigation please provide some other info

1. >>> I have a Galaxy s10 plus.
What the Android version you are using?

2. >>> I go back to Betondroid I got this message.
Did you tap any buttons to see an error or error message appears immediately once you return back to application window?

3. >>> Then I have to close the app and wait around 5 to 10 minutes
How do you close application? Do you remove it from the active application list?

4. What the reproduction rate? Do you see an error always or sometimes?
fdiasmil
Brazil

Post by fdiasmil »

Thanks for the quick reply.

1. Android 10.

2. When I go back to the app if a market is open it gets frozen. If I try to go to any other market or try to see my history or try to open the subscription page I get this message. It seems like my connection is lost, like Im off-line.

3. I always remove from the active app list to try to make it work again. However the app doesnt work as soon as I close it. I always have to wait a period of time.

4. Everytime I open the app it happens. I can use it a short period of time but if I turn off the screen or switch the app I got the error. But if I keep the app opened working on it, I can use it a long period of time.
fdiasmil
Brazil

Post by fdiasmil »

Hi there!
I'm still facing this issue. Any ideas?
SupportTeam
Support team member
Ukraine

Post by SupportTeam »

Hi

Thank you for providing steps to reproduce.

we have tested 2 phones: Galaxy S20+ (Android 10) and Galaxy S10+ (Android 9).
Factory reset was performed on both phones before testing.
Unfortunately we were not able to reproduce reported issue using such hardware. BetOnDroid works as expected on both phones without any server access timeout errors.
fdiasmil
Brazil

Post by fdiasmil »

Ok... thanks for that. I noticed that it looks better now. However everytime I open a soccer match and I switch the app or turn off the screen then a team scores a goal making the odds change, when I return to the app, I got stuck on the ladder that I was observing and this issue happens again....
So It might be related to a big change in the odds.
SupportTeam
Support team member
Ukraine

Post by SupportTeam »

team scores a goal making the odds change, when I return to the app, I got stuck on the ladder that I was observing and this issue happens again....
Do you mean that you have to satisfy one more condition in order to reproduce the issue?

1) Open ladder with soccer market
2) Turn off the phone
3) Marked goes to SUSPEND state becuase of goal
4) Turn on the phone

So does it mean that to reproduce the issue the condition 3) is mandatory?
If answer is Yes then you should not face the issue for Tennis or Baskeball markets because they never get SUSPENED.
Is this correct?
fdiasmil
Brazil

Post by fdiasmil »

Well... I paid close attention on the situations and it happen only one time in 3 days, however I made few matches. It seems that this issue became less constant in last month.
Just to clarify, there wasnt these conditions to reproduce the issue. It happened almost all the time and then became less constant. I consider that now is almost regular and I dont know what might have happen.
If this issue happens often again, Ill let you know.
Thanks for the support.
fdiasmil
Brazil

Post by fdiasmil »

Right after I write this post, the issue happend again. I was with match odds opened and I was browsing on the Internet when a goal was scored. Then I returned to tha app and it was frozen... I tried to select another market or match or whatever and I got the timeout message.
I didnt try another sport because I dont use it, sorry.